Roasted Beet Salad with Watercress, Lentils, Sopressata and Taleggio
- 1 1/2 cups roasted beets
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and spun dry
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small slices Italian country bread, toasted and cooled
- 8 ounces Sopressata sausage, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Taleggio cheese, or other soft pungent cheese such as Brie, Goat, etc.
In a large mixing bowl, toss beets, lentil, watercress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season to taste. Divide salad among 4 plates. Divide sopressata around base of each salad. Divide cheese over each of the four pieces of toast, and place in center on top of each salad and serve immediately.