Tuna in Scapece with Scallion Frocia
- 1 pound fresh tuna
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano flowers, dried
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino
Bring 2 quarts water to boil.
Cut tuna into 3/4-inch cubes and drop into boiling water. Lower heat to simmer and cook 2 minutes. Drain carefully and set onto serving platter to cool in one layer. In a mixing bowl, stir together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, tomatoes, mint, crushed peppers and oregano flowers. When tuna is cool, pour liquid over and set aside. In a 6-inch to 8-inch non-stick saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil until smoking. In a mixing bowl, stir together eggs, scallions and Pecorino. Pour into smoking pan and cook until omelet is set. Cool and cut into 6 pieces. Divide tuna over pieces of frocia and serve.