Mediterranean Sausage Pitas with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (9.6-ounce) package Jimmy Dean(R) Hearty Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (about 3 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives (about 15 olives)
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds (with pockets), cut in half
- Red onion, thinly sliced, optional
For the pitas: Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Jimmy Dean(R) Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles, oregano, and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until sausage is hot, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice.
Combine spinach, tomatoes, cheese, olives, and pepper in large bowl.
For the tzatziki sauce: Mix the sour cream, cucumber, mint, lemon juice, and salt until well blended; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To assemble: Fill pita halves with sausage mixture, then spinach mixture. Add onion slices, if desired and drizzle with tzatziki sauce.