Mexican Chocolate-Sesame Trail Mix
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup puffed grain, such as rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried mango, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Mix together the puffed grain, sesame seeds, agave, chipotle powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the cinnamon in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake, stirring halfway through, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Let cool completely, and break into bite-size clusters.
Copyright 2014 Cooking Channel, LLC. All rights reserved.