Nacho Jack-o'-Lantern Cheese Ball
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa (your favorite kind will do)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno (without seeds, unless you want it spicy, then include the seeds)
- 12 Doritos, original flavor, crushed
- 1 nice-looking stem of a bell pepper (reserve the pepper for another use)
- Black bean chips, crackers or crudite, for serving
Put the cream cheese, Cheddar, onions, salsa, cumin and jalapeno into the bowl of a mixer, and blend thoroughly. Form into a pumpkin-like shape, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Before serving, roll the cheese ball in the crushed Doritos. Arrange the cheese ball on a plate, and press the bell pepper stem into the top - it should like a mini pumpkin stem.
You can serve the pumpkin as-is, or break off pieces of black bean chips to form a Jack-o'-lantern face. The chip pieces should adhere to the pumpkin cheese ball if you gently press them onto it, but you can also stick them on using a very small dab of the cheese ball mixture on the back of the black bean chip features; this will act like glue. Serve the cheese ball with black bean chips, crackers or crudites.