Naffke Beer Brats
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 growler Green Man Porter (8 cups)
- One 1 1/4-pound package bratwursts, such as Johnsonville Brats
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Pinch Hungarian paprika
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Rye bread, for serving
- Whole-grain mustard, such as Lusty Monk Original, for serving
- Homemade sauerkraut, for serving
Preheat the grill.
Combine the garlic, Green Man Porter, bratwurst, onions and tomatoes in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the paprika, salt and pepper and cook until the brats are cooked through. Transfer the bratwursts to a plate and cover. Turn up the heat and cook until the contents of the pot have reduced to a thick mushy consistency, adjusting the flavor with sugar and vinegar.
Finish cooking the bratwursts on the grill. Serve topped with the "beer mush" on rye bread, along with mustard, sauerkraut and Green Man Porter or Green Man ESB and enjoy!
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.