Over the Rainbow Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 stick butter, cubed, plus more for greasing
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound elbow noodles
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone
- 1/2 cup processed cheese product, such as Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter.
Place the cooked noodles in a large bowl. Pour the melted butter over the pasta. Add 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoned salt and mix well, then add the eggs. Add the mild Cheddar, sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, muenster, pepper Jack and provolone, and mix thoroughly. Make sure the cheese is evenly mixed into the noodles. Transfer the noodles to the prepared casserole dish.
Sprinkle the dish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, and top with the processed cheese product. Pour the cream over the top. Bake the mac and cheese until it starts to bubble around the edges, 35 minutes. Serve hot.