Pan con Burrata
- 2 1/4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 baguette slices, about 3/4-inch thick, lightly toasted
- 4 slices burrata cheese, about 1/2-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Cook's Note: Use any leftover tomato marmalade on sandwiches
For the marmalade: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, shallots, onions, sugar and salt to taste. Cook until almost all the moisture has been cooked out, making sure to stir continuously.
NotesThis recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.