- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toast the coriander and yellow mustard seeds in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and starting to brown slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
Add the cooled seeds, sugar, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic and cloves to a spice grinder and grind to the texture of dry sand. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the pepper.
Place 1/4 cup of the spice blend in a shallow bowl. (Reserve the remaining spice blend for another use. See Cook's Note below.) Season the chicken breasts liberally on both sides with kosher salt and dredge in the spice blend.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes, then flip with tongs. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the chicken is browned and cooked through (registers 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer), about 10 minutes.
Copyright 2014 Cooking Channel, LLC. All rights reserved.