Pheasant Sausage Cordon Bleu
- 4 pheasant sausages
- 4 ounces good Swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 8 ounces prosciutto, sliced thin
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (seasoned with salt and black pepper)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 hearty rolls
- 4 tablespoons Fat Tire Dijon Cream, recipe follows
- 1 cup Poblano-Mango Chutney, recipe follows
- Poblano Mango Chutney:
- 4 cups peeled and diced mangoes
- 3 cups cleaned orange segments
- 3/4 cup diced, peeled and roasted poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
FAT TIRE DIJON CREAM:
Wrap the pheasant sausage in first the Swiss cheese and then the prosciutto. It's best to use a toothpick to hold it together. In a bowl, thoroughly beat the egg with the milk to create an egg wash. Dip the sausage in the egg wash, and then roll in the seasoned panko until well breaded. Let sit, covered, in the refrigerator to allow the crumbs to dry.
Meanwhile, heat the oil (enough to submerge the sausages) in a medium Dutch oven to 300 degrees F.
Once the panko is dry, deep-fry the sausages until golden brown and the cheese is starting to ooze out a bit, about 4 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream and beer to a slight simmer. Whisk in the mustard and let reduce by about a third. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Allow to cool before serving as a condiment.