Philly Cheese Steak
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 720 grams (about 1 1/2 pounds) beef rib eye, thinly sliced
- Steak seasoning, optional
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split
- White American cheese or cheese sauce, such as Cheez Whiz
Heat a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. Saute the onions and bell peppers to desired doneness and season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining 3 tablespoons vegetable oil to the skillet and saute the beef quickly on both sides. Season with salt and pepper, or steak seasoning if desired.
Stuff each roll with the beef, onions and peppers, and top with the cheese.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.