Pimento Mac 'n' Cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded regular Cheddar
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and cooled
- 1 small roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 strips bacon, such as Benton's, cooked and diced
- 8 slices country white bread, buttered generously
In a food processor, blend together the cayenne, hot sauce, paprika, black pepper, salt and garlic. Add the mayonnaise, 1/2 cup smoked Cheddar and the regular Cheddar and pulse until combined. Put the mixture in a large bowl and fold in the cooked pasta and roasted bell pepper.
Heat a nonstick griddle to 300 degrees F.
For each sandwich, layer 1 cup of the mac 'n' cheese, 2 slices tomato, one-quarter of the bacon and 1/4 cup smoked Cheddar between 2 slices of bread (buttered side out). Grill on both sides until golden brown.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.