Piri Piri Grilled Shrimp
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 finely chopped bird chiles
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned with tail
- Wooden skewers, soaked overnight
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mango Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
MANGO DIPPING SAUCE:
Whisk together coconut milk, garlic, chiles, zest, and paprika. Add shrimp and marinate overnight, refrigerated. Soak the wooden skewers in water overnight. Heat grill or grill pan. Drain shrimp and season shrimp with salt and pepper, toss in vegetable oil and skewer. Grill 1 1/2 minutes on both sides or until shrimp are opaque. Serve with the Mango Dipping Sauce.
Bring vinegar and sugar to boil and then lower heat to medium and cook until syrupy consistency. When cooled, add to blender with mango puree and lime juice. Stir in chopped peppers.