Polenta with Sausage and Mushrooms
- 1 (17-ounce) package prepared polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (9.6-ounce) package Jimmy Dean(R) Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves, optional
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Slice ends off polenta; discard. Cut remaining polenta into 12 slices.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add polenta slices, in batches; cook 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown, turning after 8 minutes. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels.
While polenta is cooking melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until broth is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in Jimmy Dean(R) Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles and half the sage, if desired; heat until sausage is hot.
Arrange 2 polenta slices on each of 6 serving plates. Top with sausage mixture, cheese, pecans and sprinkle with remaining sage, if desired.