Pop's Rabbit Cacciatore
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 rabbit, cut into 8 pieces (about 3 1/4 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped, with seeds and juices (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into thin round slices
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the rabbit with salt and pepper and sear until golden, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes and white wine. Cover and simmer until the rabbit is cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in the herbs and top with lemon slices to finish.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.