Porchetta Rub Kit
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 bunch fresh sage leaves
- 4 to 6 whole arbol chiles with stems
- 1 bottle fabulous Italian extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads hardneck garlic
- 1 small container fennel pollen
- Container quality sea salt
- Salt and pepper mills
- Instant-read thermometer
1. Tie the rosemary, sage, and chiles together with decorative twine.
2. Tie the herbs to the olive oil. Arrange the garlic, fennel pollen, container of sea salt, salt and pepper mills, and the thermometer in a basket. Add in a hand-written recipe.
Copyright 2011 Cooking Channel, LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Mix the oil, herbs, fennel pollen, chile pepper, garlic, and 1 tablespoon salt in a bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork shoulder. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Wipe off most of the herbs from the fatty part of the pork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set the pork in a roasting pan, fat-side up, and add 1 cup water to the pan. Roast the meat until a rich golden brown, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers between 165 to 170 degrees F, about 3 hours. Remove the roast to a cutting board and let rest at least 15 minutes. Remove the string and slice.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Inactive Prep Time: 8 hours 15 minutes