- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling pan
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ginger, baking powder, cloves and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the granulated sugar, olive oil, brown sugar and eggs until light yellow in color and well blended. Whisk in the pumpkin puree until smooth. Switch to a rubber spatula and slowly stir in the flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the nuts and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool completely before turning out of the pan.