- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled (or you could even use feta cheese)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped rough and packed tight
- 3 tablespoons butter + 1/2 teaspoon for buttering the dish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortillas or chips, to serve
Heat oven to 350degrees Fahrenheit.
Put cheeses in a mixing bowl and set aside.
In a skillet over medium high heat melt butter and saute the mushrooms until cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and chopped spinach and cook until spinach is wilted and garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Pour over cheese, toss to mix.
Place cheese mixture into lightly buttered, oven-safe baking dish, low bowl or casuela. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place in heated oven and bake until bubbling and lightly browned on top, 10-12 minutes. Dig in.