Quick Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower with Walnuts
- 4 medium carrots (about 12 ounces), peeled and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 pounds), trimmed into small florets
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce finely chopped walnuts (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Toss the carrots and cauliflower in a bowl with 3 teaspoons of the oil, the thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well coated. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast the vegetables until tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes, stirring once or twice. Season with more salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the walnuts in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Pour into a small bowl and toss with the parsley, lemon zest and remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle over the roasted vegetables.
Per serving: Calories: 186; Total Fat: 10 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 7 grams; Total carbohydrates: 22 grams; Sugar: 9 grams; Fiber: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 376 milligrams