Ramen Dog with Spicy Kimchi Dip
SPICY KIMCHI DIP:
- 1 pound kimchi
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 7 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili mix)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 skinless all-beef hot dogs
- 2 pounds fresh ramen noodles or 4 packages dried ramen, cooked
- Special equipment: 4 pairs disposable chopsticks, separated into 8 sticks
For the kimchi dip: Combine the kimchi, mayonnaise, gochujang, salt and Sriracha in a food processor and buzz until fine.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Heat oil to 375 degrees F in another large pot.
Blanch the noodles in boiling water for 30 seconds, and then drain, rinse and let cool until sticky. Skewer the hot dogs onto chopsticks and wrap generously with noodles. Deep-fry in the oil for 2 minutes, and then let cool for 1 minute. Serve on the skewers with spicy kimchi dip.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.