Red Beans and Rice
- 1/4 cup cooking oil or pork fat
- 1 pound homemade smoked bacon, cubed
- 1 pound smoked tasso ham
- 1 pound smoked ham hocks
- 1 pound smoked pork ribs, cubed
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds dry red beans, soaked overnight
- 4 tablespoons garlic seasoning, such as T-Boys Garlic Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons spicy garlic sauce, such as T-Boys Spicy Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, such as T-Boys Worcestershire Sauce
- 10 servings hot rice, for serving
Coat the bottom of a large pot with a thin layer of the fat or oil and heat. Add the bacon, tasso ham, ham hocks, ribs and sausage and brown, and then add the onions, garlic and bell peppers and saute until the onions are clear.
Fill the pot with water and add the beans. Stir in the garlic seasoning, garlic sauce and Worcestershire sauce until combined. Bring to a hard boil, then simmer until the beans are tender, about 2 hours.
Serve over hot rice for the perfect Cajun meal!