Roasted Squash and Apple Tart
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 apples, peeled
- 7 large shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 puff pastry, cut into 6 equal rectangles
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 recipe Syrah Reduction, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut sides of squash to make a rectangular shape. Slice squash into 6 (2 by 4-inch) rectangles. Toss the squash in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, to taste, ground clove, and brown sugar. Bake in oven until tender, approximately 15 to 25 minutes.
Apple: Slice the apples into 6 (2 by 4-inch) rectangles. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat and add apples, salt and pepper. Saute until tender, being careful not to overcook.
Shallot Compote: Peel 7 large shallots and toss in 1 tablespoon of oil,