- 5 slices bacon
- One 15-ounce can white beans, strained and rinsed
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1 tablespoon of the oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- 6 slices soft whole-wheat bread
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut lengthwise into long 1/4-inch-thick sticks
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Cut crosswise into thin sticks.
Put 1 slice of bread between 2 pieces of plastic, and roll it flat with a rolling pin. Spread the bread with a heaping tablespoon of the bean puree. Arrange 1 tablespoon of the bacon pieces in a neat row near one edge of the bread. Arrange a neat row of 1 tablespoon grated carrot next to the bacon. Top with 3 to 4 cucumber sticks. Roll up tightly, starting with the bacon end and keeping the ends open. Wrap up tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (this helps the roll-ups keep their shape). Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Keep refrigerated or store in an insulated lunch box with a chill pack for up to 4 hours.
Copyright 2014 Cooking Channel, LLC. All rights reserved.