Sag and Paneer
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups chopped fresh rapini
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, plus more for frying the paneer
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup cubed paneer (Indian cheese)
- Serving suggestion: Serve with rice.
Steam the broccoli, rapini and spinach in a stovetop steamer until they are bright green and tender, and then set aside.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for 4 minutes. Add the garam masala, fenugreek seeds, and salt and stir well to toast. Stir in the steamed greens and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Heat another nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Add the cubed paneer to the hot oil and cook until golden, turning frequently. Stir the paneer into the spinach mixture and serve with rice.