Sal Yonta's Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- 20 ounces pizza dough
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (about 8 cloves)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Stretch the pizza dough to make a 16-inch pizza. Place on a pizza screen and set aside.
In a food processor, add the shrimp and coarsely chop. In a medium skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil until very hot. Add the shrimp and garlic, saute for 4 minutes. Add the wine and stir. Add the butter, and heat until melted. Then add in the breadcrumbs. Remove from the heat and season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
Spread half of the mozzarella over the pizza crust, then spoon the shrimp mixture over the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before cutting.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.