Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 small English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing: Pulse the carrots in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the ginger and onion and pulse until very finely chopped. Add the vinegar, miso, soy sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; pulse until almost smooth. With the motor running, drizzle in the oil. Add a little water to thin the dressing slightly (about 3 tablespoons). Season with salt. Refrigerate until ready to use; the dressing can be made up to 2 days ahead.
For the salad: Toss the lettuce, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes with just enough dressing to coat. Serve immediately.