Salmon with Flakes and Almond Topping
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes (R) cereal (1/3 cup coarsely crushed)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned (about 6 oz. each)
- Steamed spinach (optional)
Coarsely crush KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. In a small bowl, combine almonds, butter, basil, Parmesan, lemon peel, garlic, and pepper; stir in cereal. Rinse fish; pat dry. Measure thickness of fish. Place fish on the greased rack of a broiler pan. Spoon cereal mixture on top of fillets; pat gently to spread.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145 degrees F. Serve each piece of fish over steamed spinach, if desired, recipe follows.