- 2 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese garlic-chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 2 teaspoons tobiko (flying fish roe)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 18 (3-inch-square) wonton skins
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons ground toasted sesame seeds
Cut 1/4 pound of the tuna against the grain into 12 thin slices. Finely chop the other 1/2 pound for the tartare.
To prepare the tartare base, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Add the chopped fish and stir lightly to combine.
To prepare the crispy wontons, in a