- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped broccoli rabe or small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 (9.6-ounce) package Jimmy Dean(R) Original Hearty Pork Sausage Crumbles
- 6 ounces cellentani or cavatappi pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add broccoli and tomatoes; mix well. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Stir in the sausage, pasta, cheese, pine nuts, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring just to a simmer, stirring constantly; simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
Serve topped with additional grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley, if desired.
NotesSubstitute 1 package Jimmy Dean Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll for the crumbles.
Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage to skillet and proceed with the recipe as written.