- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces medium-spice andouille sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 8-ounce chicken leg, drumstick and thigh separated
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground file powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (21 to 25)
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy Dutch oven and cook the sausage over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan. Add the celery, onion, red pepper, green pepper, garlic, thyme, file powder, black pepper, cayenne and salt and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, rice and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the shrimp, chicken and sausage. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is fully cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.