Sea Urchin Pasta
- 2 cups sliced roasted sweet peppers
- 2 cups roasted cherry tomatoes
- 20 sea urchin fillets
- 5 cloves garlic, 2 minced and 3 left whole
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 chile de arbol, crushed
- Basic Pasta Recipe, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup toasted breadcrumbs
BASIC PASTA RECIPE:
In a blender, puree 1 cup sweet peppers, 1 cup tomatoes, 15 sea urchin fillets, the whole cloves garlic, 1 to 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and white pepper.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. At the same time, in a hot pan, add the chile de arbol, the minced garlic, the remaining 1 cup roasted peppers and roasted tomatoes along with some olive oil. Saute over high heat until softened.
Drop the pasta. When