Smoked Salmon Pizza
- One 10-ounce pizza dough ball
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup multicolored heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh curly parsley, finely chopped
- 2 ounces salmon roe
Special equipment: a pizza oven or standard oven that can reach 600 degrees F.
Preheat the oven to 600 degrees F.
To make the mascarpone cream sauce: Combine the mascarpone, capers, fresh lemon juice and dill in a blender and blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the pizza: Roll out the pizza dough into a 13-inch round. Dock the pizza around the edge to prevent too much rising of the crust. Ladle the mascarpone sauce onto the dough and spread out within 1/2 inch of the edge. Top with the smoked salmon, red onion, Parmesan and capers and bake until golden and bubbling, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the cherry tomatoes, chives and parsley. Slice the pizza into 8 pieces and finish with a pile of salmon roe directly in the middle of the pizza. Serve immediately.