Sour Cherry Pear Pie
- 1 pound 9 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1/2 ounce salt
- 1 pound butter, cubed and refrigerated
- Ice water, as needed
SOUR CHERRY FILLING:
- 2 1/2 pounds sour cherries, pitted
- 2 1/2 pounds pears, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
For the pie dough: Mix together the flour, sugar and salt, and then combine with the butter in a food processor until the butter is in pea-size crumbles. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add ice water into the dough by hand or in a food processor until the dough is hydrated and can be smooshed (with a little force) into a ball.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.