Spicy Ginger Chicken in Lettuce Cups
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with press
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 10 large Boston lettuce leaves
- Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 305; Total Fat: 20 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 66 mg; Sodium: 825 mg; Total Carbohydrate: 8 g; Dietary Fiber: 3 g; Protein: 24 g
In cup, combine soy sauce, ginger, sugar, crushed red pepper, and garlic; set aside. Heat nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up meat with side of spoon.
Add celery to chicken in skillet, and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water chestnuts and soy-sauce mixture; cook 1 minute to blend flavors. Stir in peanuts. Divide chicken mixture among lettuce leaves. Fold leaves over chicken mixture and eat out of hand.