Tandoori Chicken Naan Kebab
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- 5 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ground dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon orange food coloring
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 pieces naan
- 1 teaspoon ghee ( clarified butter) or olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 teaspoons tamarind chutney
- 4 teaspoons mint chutney
Special equipment: Metal skewers
For the marinade: Combine the yogurt, olive oil, garam masala, lemon juice, garlic paste, fenugreek leaves, ginger paste and food coloring in a large bowl and mix well. The color should be even and the fenugreek leaves evenly dispersed.
Add the chicken to the bowl, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Remove the skewers from the tandoor and hang them for 2 or 3 minutes to allow any excess moisture to drain off. Transfer the chicken to a board and cut into bite-size pieces.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.