Tarragon Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I roasted 2.5 pounds of bone-in breasts)
- 1/2 cup good-quality mayonnaise (I prefer Duke's or homemade)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped red grapes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced whole wheat bread, for sandwiches
In a medium bowl mix chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, and tarragon until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Fold in grapes and pecans. Chill for at least one hour. Check seasoning again and adjust, if desired. The chicken salad can be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Scoop chicken salad onto a slice of bread. Top with another slice of bread. Cut off crusts, then cut sandwich into desired shape (rectangles, triangles, or rounds).
Note: quantity of sandwiches will vary according to shape of sandwiches.