Tenderland's Home Friendly Breaded Pork Sandwich
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup breading, such as cornmeal or panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup salted crackers, such as saltines, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Your favorite seasoning, such as garlic or onion powder, optional
- 2 cups milk
- 2 to 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 to 6 boneless pork chops, excess fat trimmed
- Your favorite buns, for serving
Heat oil to 350 degrees F in a large pot.
Mix together the breading, crackers, salt, pepper and your favorite seasoning, if using, in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk and eggs in a separate large bowl.
Pound the pork 1/8 to 1/4-inch thin (thickness is purely a personal preference) using a meat mallet. Dip the pork into the egg batter, and then immediately coat with the breading mixture.
Deep-fry the pork until the middle is white when cut open, 4 to 6 minutes. Let the oil drain off before placing on buns. Dress the sandwich to your preference with mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions or jalapenos.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.