Tequila Granita with Lychee and Yuzu Cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 1/2 cups simple syrup (made from boiling 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water)
- 2 sheets gelatin, soaked in water
- 1 grapefruit cut into supremes
- 10 fresh lychee, peeled and halved
- 8 rose petal ribbons, recipe follows
Make the Granita: Whisk the liquids together in a bowl. Take off 1/2 cup of the liquid, add the gelatin and warm it to melt the gelatin. Combine all the liquids and freeze
overnight. Scrape the next day into a frozen container.
Make the Yuzu Cream: Combine all ingredients and whip until very, very soft peaks form. It will continue to thicken as it sits.
In a soup plate or flat bowl place a mound of granita in the center. Surround it with a thick ring of yuzu cream. Top the granita with grapefruit segments and then lychee pieces on top of that. Place a rose petal ribbon over the top.
Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
Gently and slowly warm the rose mixture in the oven until just soft. Pull to form very thin ribbons or abstract shapes. Store with limestone on foam rubber in an airtight container.