Thai-Style Coconut Chicken with Snow Peas
- 1 cup jasmine rice or long-grain white rice
- 1 can (14-ounce) light coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 slices (thin) fresh ginger
- 2 strips (3 inches each) fresh lime peel
- 1 pounds skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 6 ounces (2 cups) snow peas, strings removed
- 1 tablespoon less-sodium fish sauce
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges
Prepare rice as label directs.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, stir together coconut milk, broth, cornstarch, ginger, and lime peel; heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil 1 minute.
Add chicken and snow peas to skillet; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until chicken loses its pink color throughout. Remove skillet from heat; stir in fish sauce and cilantro. Serve with rice and lime wedges.