The Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- All-purpose flour or cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 cup tomato-based pizza sauce
- 2 to 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces local hamburger meat, cooked
- 4 strips hickory smoked bacon, fried and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced onion, grilled
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- Dill pickle spears, for serving
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F with a pizza stone on the lowest shelf.
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 14-inch circle.
Lightly dust a pizza peel with flour and place the pizza crust onto the peel. Spoon the pizza sauce on to the center of the crust and spread evenly with the back of a spoon, leaving 1 inch of the outer crust unsauced. Scatter the mozzarella evenly over the sauced crust. Layer the hamburger meat, bacon, onion and Cheddar over the top of the mozzarella layer. Slide the pizza onto the pizza stone and bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the oregano and Parmesan over the top of the pizza.