The Classic Italian Blitzkrieg Ball
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 onion, finely minced or grated
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus 1/3 cup for serving
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 jar marinara sauce
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the parsley, ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, the salt, oregano and pepper in a bowl. Add the onion and garlic mixture with the beef, breadcrumbs, eggs and carrots. Mix gently by hand, being careful not to over-mix.
Roll out 21 meatballs by hand and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce in a saucepan.
Arrange the meatballs on a platter and top with the marinara sauce and remaining Parmesan.