- 2 pounds sheep's milk ricotta
- 5 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup candied citron, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup shaved dark chocolate (any brand)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 dozen pre-made mini cannoli shells
- Dark chocolate, melted, for garnish, optional
In a mixing bowl, with a rubber spatula, fold together the ricotta, orange blossom water and vanilla. Fold the sugar in slowly, making sure to not make the cream too loose. Add the candied citron, shaved dark chocolate and cinnamon. Transfer the cream into a pastry bag, or leave in the bowl and fill the shells with a small spoon.
Dip both ends of the cannoli shell into the melted chocolate, if desired. Place a cannoli shell on a flat surface, working from either end fill the cannoli with the cream filling, to ensure that the middle of the shell is filled. Top each cannoli end with 2 or 3 small pieces of the chopped candied citron.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.