The Working Man's Fillet
- 1 (8-ounce) beef fillet
- 1 large mushroom, marinated in your favorite marinade
- Steak seasoning (recommended: KC Steak Seasoning)
- 8 ounces horseradish cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup beer (recommended: O'Doul's)
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
While fillet is on the grill, combine horseradish cheese, horseradish, heavy cream, beer, 1/2 of the green onions, and 1/2 of the carrots in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until creamy and heated through. Pour sauce over fillet on plate. Sprinkle chopped peanuts and remaining green onions and carrots over top. Serve with the grilled mushroom.