Tiger Prawns "a la Diabla" with Citrus Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large prawns, peeled and de-veined, reserve one unpeeled prawn for appearance
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 ounce dried piquin peppers
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Citrus salad, for serving, recipe follows
In medium saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear prawns on both sides until golden brown.
Reduce heat and add white wine to pan to cool. Add piquin pepper and harissa paste and reduce for 2 minutes. Add cold butter and chile flakes. Season the prawns with salt and pepper, to taste. Plate with citrus salad and serve.