Toasted Israeli Couscous with Vegetables and Lemon-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound Israeli couscous
- 12 spears asparagus, grilled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, halved, grilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, halved, grilled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red peppers, grilled, peeled and diced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon-Balsamic Vinaigrette, recipe follows
Heat large saute pan on grates of the grill over medium heat. Add couscous and toast until lightly golden brown.
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil over high heat, add 1 tablespoon salt and toasted couscous and cook until al dente. Drain well and place in a large bowl. Add grilled vegetables, olives, basil, and vinaigrette and toss until combined; season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate.