Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted, cooled (12 oz.)
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks (7 oz.)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 4 1/2 oz.)
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (about 4 oz.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix the butter and sugars until combined. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla and beat to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients in batches until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir the chocolate chunks and chips into the dough until well dispersed. Chill 30 minutes or overnight.
Drop by rounded tablespoons (1 1/2-inch balls) onto parchment-lined sheet trays about 3 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, 16 to 18 minutes. Cool on tray 3 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks and cool as long as you can resist.