Tropical Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- 1/4 cup 100 percent guava or orange juice (no sugar added)
- 4 dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium pink grapefruit, cut into segments
- One 4-ounce cup mandarin oranges in 100 percent fruit juice, strained
- 1/4 cup bran flakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons toasted or raw pistachios, roughly chopped
Put the guava juice and apricots in a small bowl, and cover. Microwave until the apricots are tender and the juice reduces to a light syrup, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to help cool faster.
Put the yogurt in a cereal bowl. Spoon the apricot-guava compote into the center. Arrange the grapefruit, mandarin oranges, cereal and pistachios in neat piles or rows around the compote. Then take a photo!
Per serving (1 bowl): Calories: 370; Fat: 8 g (Saturated: 3.5 g); Cholesterol: 15 mg; Sodium: 160 mg; Carbohydrate: 57 g; Fiber: 7 g; Protein: 24 g; Sugar: 44 g
Cook's Note: Orange juice is a great substitute for guava in this recipe, but the total nutrition of the breakfast bowl will alter slightly: Carbohydrates: 56 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugar: 42 g.