"Two Docks" Steamed Clams Pomodoro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing and serving
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh Italian sausage link, casing removed (or 3 ounces fresh sausage)
- 10 middleneck clams
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup pomodoro sauce
- 1 cup clam stock or fish stock
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 2 slices garlic sourdough bread (or Italian bread)
Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned, stirring and breaking up into small chunks as it cooks.
Once the sausage is browned, add the clams, white wine, pomodoro sauce and clam stock. Cover the pan and steam until the clams open, 4 to 5 minutes, then lower the heat, add the butter and toss or stir constantly to emulsify.
Brush both sides of the garlic sourdough or other bread with olive oil and toast on the grill or grill pan until hot and marked.
NotesThis dish is simple but is benefited by using fresh, local products whenever possible, specifically the clams but also the bread, sausage and pomodoro sauce.
Note: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.