Wok-Tossed Mediterranean Lamb (Wok d'Agneau a la Mediterraneenne)
- 1 lamb rump (about 1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch fresh rosemary needles
- Pinch fresh thyme leaves, plus more to garnish
- 2 French shallots, diced
- 1 artichoke heart, sliced
- 1 purple carrot, sliced
- 1 yellow carrot, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/3 cup lamb jus
- 1 tablespoon diced preserved lemon
- 1 tablespoon diced black olives
- 6 basil leaves, plus more to garnish
- 4 bread cones
- 6 edible flowers
In a mixing bowl, combine the lamb, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the rosemary, thyme and a pinch of salt. Marinate for 10 minutes.
In a smoking hot wok, add the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil followed by the lamb. Wok toss for 1 minute, then add the artichoke, carrots, spring onion, tomato and zucchini, tossing as you add them, and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the jus, lemon and olives, and keep tossing for 1 minute, then finish with the basil. Turn off the heat, then scoop the lamb mixture into the cones. Garnish with the edible flowers and any remaining jus from the pan, and then serve.