Zinfandel Glazed BBQ Beef Short Ribs
- 6 beef short ribs, 2-inches thick, cut across the bone
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dry rub seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 poblano peppers, diced
- 4 medium yellow onions, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced garlic
- 1 bottle red wine (recommended: Zinfandel)
- 1 quart barbeque sauce
- 1 quart of chicken stock
- Horseradish mashed potatoes, for plating, optional
- Sweet corn salad with basil vinaigrette, for plating, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Season short ribs with salt, pepper, and seasoning mix. Heat a large roasting pan with lid over medium high heat and add oil. Sear ribs in hot oil on all sides until well browned.